You will need:
- A writing instrument and some paper; and
- Your personal working vocabulary
You may want:
- A speaking dictionary, or a regular dictionary and knowledge of IPA;
- A number generator, be it random or not;
- A stopwatch or timer; or
- Some friends (handle with care)
This is the engine of the game. For each turn:
- You take a word, and split it into syllables.
- You then create a word that contains that syllable.
- If your word has one syllable, increment your score and discard the word.
How to play the game:
- You start off with a word greater than or equal to four syllables long.
- You then go through the Engine of the game, using the outputs of the Engine as its new inputs.
- Continue until an arbitrary ending condition is met. This can be the timer running out, achieving some number of points determined by the number generator, or any other condition you see fit.